Monday, September 15, 2008

Wikipedia

Since high school, I can remember my teachers telling me not to use Wikipedia. At first, I did not realize why. I looked into it and asked why. The answers I found were good enough to persuade me not to use as a reliable source. The information on Wikipedia is not credible. There is no verification of the information considering that anyone can post information. I use it to look stuff up if I am curious about something, mainly because if you type anything into a search, most likely the first thing that comes up is from Wikipedia.
I don't think that this will ever be a credible site. The only way it could be, is if they removed everything and started over which I highly doubt they will do. It is hard to look at something on there and say it is 100% accurate. So I do not think that it will ever be a reliable source of information.

No comments: