Thursday, September 11, 2008

Okay To Be Technologically Illiterate

In September 2007, Karl Fisch wrote a blog about teachers being technologically illiterate. He makes a valid point, one which we all know, that technology is very prevalent in today's educational process. His main problem is with teachers who are not up to date with technology. He brings up several options, such as standards to being fired for not being up to date. There should be certain requirements that need to be met in my opinion.
I have grown up with a computer and the internet. I can navigate my way around a computer somewhat easily. As i said earlier I do believe there needs to be certain standards for teachers, but how can you tell a 65 yr old middle school teacher if she can't do this or that she will lose her job. My belief is that if it is taught to new teachers that before too long, the ones that are not literate will be gone and you will have a generation of teachers that are technologically savvy.

No comments: